Auth commits to Ellsworth Community College for baseball

Nov 3, 2017

Tommy+Auth%2C+senior%2C+comes+off+the+field+after+base+hit.+Auth+played+for+the+TCBA+%28Twin+Cities+Baseball+Academy%29+this+summer.+

provided by Tommy Auth

Tommy Auth, senior, comes off the field after base hit. Auth played for the TCBA (Twin Cities Baseball Academy) this summer.

With signing day coming up, another Royal has just announced their commitment. Tommy Auth, senior baseball captain, is headed to Ellsworth Community College to begin the JUCO grind.

Auth has been playing baseball since he was four years old. Auth’s dad was a huge influence on his career as a youth.

“My dad played a huge role in my career. He always gave me the right guidance when I needed it,” Auth said. “He taught to me to love the game as I do today.”

Auth has long known he’s wanted to further his career in the sport.

“I’ve known since freshman year that I’ve wanted to keep playing,” Auth said. “I’ve always thought it’d be fun to play in college. To me, it’s just another step further.”

Auth has been trying to work on his weaknesses in the past years while also perfecting his strengths.

“Hitting has always been my better part when it comes to baseball. I’ve been working hard in order to further improve that,” Auth said. “I’ve also needed to get stronger, faster, and more agile in order to adjust to the faster pace of college [baseball].”

Auth is excited to make the commitment official in the upcoming week.

“I’m pumped. It should be a good time,” Auth said. “It’ll be good to finally sign the papers and get it over with.”

At Ellsworth CC, Auth will either be at a corner outfield position or at first base. For Auth, the persistency of the coaches and being able to play day one drew him there.

“I chose Ellsworth because I really liked the coach. We hit it off right away. We always stayed in contact with me and saw what I was doing,” Auth said. “Being able to play right away also was a big factor for me.”

Auth described the facilities at Ellsworth as pretty nice, but also pretty JUCO.

Before Auth goes off to college, he hopes to make noise at the state tournament this year for the Royals high school baseball team.

“I hope to be a good leader this year and have my best year as a ball player,” Auth said. “The boys, hopefully, are gonna make a run at state this year.”