Media Center undergoes renovations

Nov 1, 2017

Photo+of+new+Media+Center+counters.+

Ellie Fishman

Photo of new Media Center counters.

HHS’s Media Center is now in the process of being renovated, and has already made strides with a new counter. This has allowed for Technology Support to move to a new area closer to the front of the room.

“Students can now come to one counter and can get help with books or research, and they can also get help with their chromebooks up front rather than having to go to the back,” said Victoria Wilson, media specialist.

The old counter was over 20 years old and ready to be replaced. The new countertop will now allow students and faculty to sit around it, as opposed to before, when people could not do so without hitting their knees.

“Now, I can have a teacher or student sit with me up there and we can collaborate easier,” Wilson said.

The countertop is now higher with a little curve, but there is still a lower counter in both the technology and library area in order to meet requirements set by the American Disabilities Act (ADA).

Along with the new counters, a charging station for both phones and computers has also been added for increased convenience. As of now, there are no set future plans to make any more renovations.

“If we go forward with more changes, it will be a collaborative decision between students, teachers, and administration all saying what they want. I look at the Media Center as all of our space,” Wilson said.

Students have started to give suggestions as to how they want to see renovations continue for their benefit.

“I like the media center, but I wish they would add more comfortable seating, like couches, to make it a more welcoming space,” said Mimi Gewirtz, junior.