Seven-minute passing time restored to HHS

Josh Friedman

HHS students interact during passing time in the Mall. The Mall has recently been a location of disciplinary issues, but has now settled.

Josh Friedman, Staff Reporter

After multiple disruptions in HHS caused the passing time to be reduced from seven to five minutes, Mr. Doug Bullinger, principal, has finally decided to restore the three extra minutes after week and a half.

Initially, there were mixed reactions to the decreased in time, due to the fact that in years past the same initiative was put into effect in order to stop fights between students. Now that it has been changed back to seven minutes, students are breathing a sigh of relief.

“At first it sucked that there was a five minute passing time but it was fair. Now that it’s back to seven minutes, students are happier and feel less rushed in the halls,” said Adam Cochran, junior.

In general, students are grateful that the shorter passing times were not enacted for as long as in previous years. Although the time in between periods has been restored back to seven minutes, students also have to realize that a lapse back into misbehavior could cause an even bigger pushback from administration.

“As funny as it would be to see something again, it would really suck to having passing time shortened again or maybe even something worse than that,” said Ethan Nielson, junior.

In an announcement on Monday during first block, Bullinger discussed how as a school, we have come back from a bit of darkness in a bright year. Overall, Bullinger is proud that the school was able to turn itself around and start to fix the wrongs that have happened.