Kevin Bennett

Oct 12, 2017

Kevin Bennett has extensive experience in education. He has been a teacher, principal, district administrator, college professor, and has served on the board of trustee at MCAD. Bennett has served on a variety of boards in the past including Brandlab and YMCA.

“As a lifelong educator and a life-long learner I think I understand the educational experience in a unique way,” Bennett said.

In 2014, many parents and teachers expressed concerns with Bennett’s leadership as principal at FAIR School. Bennett understands that while there are some people who may be unhappy with his leadership, there are many that are very pleased.

“Having a career at all levels in terms of being a teacher, being a principal, being in district leadership, I realize that I can’t satisfy everyone. There are going to be folks who have different perspectives. But at the end of the day do what I believe is in my heart, especially what’s best for students,” Bennett said.

Bennett also acknowledges the growing diversity within Hopkins. He understands that diversity is important within the school and the school board.

“Hopkins has grown to be increasingly diverse: socioeconomically, race, ethnicity, religiously, how many languages are spoken throughout our community. I want to ensure that all of those communities feel connected and a part of Hopkins and how we value everyone,” Bennett said.