Friday Fun: Minnesota Lynx Finals

Sep 29, 2017

I cannot be more excited as a Minnesotan to see my Minnesota Lynx back in the WNBA finals!

They had a phenomenal season going 27-7 which earned them a number one seed in this year’s finals. Maya Moore had another strong season for the Lynx averaging 19.4 points per game.

Mark up your calendars because Sunday, October 1st could have the Lynx clinch third WNBA championship since 2010. The Lynx have been having just a little bit more success than other Minnesota sports teams.

The Vikings haven’t ever won a Super Bowl while the Twins haven’t won a World Series since 1991. The Timberwolves also have the longest active playoff drought in the league (hopefully that will change thanks to my guy Jimmy B).

Back to the Lynx. They match up against a very talented Los Angeles Sparks team headlined by Candace Parker who is averaging 18.4 points per game.

The first game of the series was a back and forth brawl between the two teams ending in heartbreak for our beloved lynx. The game ended in a buzzer beater by Chelsea Gray who had an amazing game dropping 27 points on the night.

The Lynx bounced back in game 2 keeping their lead in the clutch. They ended up winning by a final score of 70-68.The series is now tied one game to one.

Go support our hometown Lynx this weekend!