Recap: football loses to Falcons 6-31

Sep 18, 2017

Paul+Madison%2C+senior%2C+and+James+Klecker%2C+junior%2C+break+through+a+banner+before+their+first+home+game.+The+Royals+are+now+0-3+after+a+tough+loss+the+the+falcons.+

Adam Segal

Paul Madison, senior, and James Klecker, junior, break through a banner before their first home game. The Royals are now 0-3 after a tough loss the the falcons.

Last Friday, September 15th, the Royals football team traveled to Armstrong to face the Falcons in their third game of the season.

Coming into the game, the Royals had a 0-2 record while the Falcons had a 1-1 record. The Royals were just coming off a game where they got burned in the deep game and, again they weren’t able to stop it.

The Falcons were able to jump out early, they scored 14 points in the first quarter, both on big plays. Unfortunately, it kept going downhill from there. By the end of the first half, the Royals were down 0-24 and didn’t have much to show on offense. The Royals ended up losing the game 31-6.

This game we saw James Klecker, junior, at quarterback the whole game. Klecker didn’t look like he was on the same page with his receivers as he was constantly overthrowing them. The boost on the offensive side this game came from running back Wayne Blakes, senior. He had some explosive plays and even got into the end zone for the Royals’ only touchdown.

This game was big for the Royals as they wanted to get their first win of the season. They continue to dig themselves into a deep hole and at some point, it’ll be too late for a turn around.

Nothing has been looking too different on the defensive side, they continue to get burned deep and let up 25 points or more.

Some positives they’ve consistently had is getting turnovers. They were able to force two turnovers this game but the offense wasn’t able to help after that.

The offense struggled terribly this past game moving the ball. Klecker was able to keep the ball out of the opponent’s hands until late in the game when they picked him off. Jadon Washington, junior, also struggled to get anything started.

The Royals will look to turn around their season and end their three game losing streak this Friday, September 22nd as they host the Spring Lake Park Panthers (0-3).