Player Profile: Jake Rosenblum

Sep 15, 2017

Jake Rosenblum, senior, waits to receive pass from teammate. The Royals lost to the Millers 2-3.

Jake Rosenblum

Soccer has been a passion for Jake Rosenblum, senior midfielder, for over 14 years.

“I’ve been playing soccer since I was like three or four years old,” Rosenblum said. “My dad was the one who pushed me to play at an early age.”

Rosenblum’s father was his soccer role model in his early years.

“Watching my dad play in rec leagues really inspired me to fully get into the sport,” Rosenblum said. “I wanted to be like him.”

As Rosenblum has matured, so did his skills. Over his whole career, he’s been working on his game constantly.

“As the season has gone on, my first touch has improved a lot,” Rosenblum said. “With the style of our offense, vision is an extremely important skill to have. That has also been something I’ve gotten a lot better at.”

Rosenblum has been playing midfielder this year on the varsity soccer team, but just like everything, it has its pros and cons.

“I really like making long passes and kicking the ball far. It feels good when one of those passes are completed because you know you’re making a positive contribution to the team,” Rosenblum said. “I really don’t like how much running the midfielder has to do, but it’s part of the job.”

Rosenblum is striving for his team to make it to state and contribute a goal or two on the way.