Recap: Boys’ and girls’ soccer looks to bounce back from doubleheader loss

Sep 11, 2017

On Sept. 8, both the boys’ and girls’ Royals soccer teams hosted the Wayzata Trojans in a Lake Conference match-up.

The boys’ game started at 5 p.m., while the girls game was second in the doubleheader, scheduled to start at 7 p.m. The girls game started late after having to be delayed due to the boys going in OT.

The Trojans boys team went up early scoring within the first two minutes, but the Royals were able to answer on a penalty kick by Clarence Weah, sophomore. The Royals ended up taking a 3-2 lead on another goal by Weah later into the game. The Royals ended up giving up a goal late in regulation and a goal in OT to lose 4-3.

The boys soccer came into this game with a 2-2-1 record. The Royals played very hard and never gave up, they fought throughout the whole game and it was a tough loss. 

The second game of the doubleheader ended up starting around 7:30 p.m.

The girls came into the game 1-3-1 and the game was their first Lake Conference matchup of the season. They were unable to ever get momentum, losing 8-0. This was a tough loss for the team, especially since it was their first conference game.

The Royals girls soccer team, fortunately, plays the Trojans again on September 26th. The game will be away and it will be a game the girls will want to turn the tables on.

Both teams will look to bounce back from this disappointing losses on September 14th against the Edina Hornets.