Preview: Volleyball takes on Roseville

Sep 7, 2017

The thriving Royals volleyball team is off to a great start, with a record of three wins and one loss. They are looking to add another win to their record today at 7 p.m. at Roseville High School.

“Our team focus is to go into the game with a lot of energy and intensity,” said leading scorer, Anna Erickson, junior.

The Royals have been doing well with team chemistry and consistency, with five of the six starters being returners to the team. The returning players for the Royals this season are Tara Lee, senior captain, Erickson, Jane Nelson, senior, Churidar Tut, Madi Meyer, sophomores.

Last season, the Royals took fourth in state coming after a disappointing loss to Champlin Park in the state semi-finals. This year they are looking to their strong leadership, their coaching staff and their fans to make a return to state.

Tonight, the Royals will be looking for Lee to set up Erickson to put some key points away against the Raiders.

“We play Roseville once a year and have always been super competitive with them, as they have a strong program. We will have to work super hard and play our A game if we want to win,” Lee said.

The Raiders are also coming off a strong start having one win and no losses.

“We can control tonight’s outcome by going into the match with the mentality that it’s always earned, never given,” Erickson said.