Baseball: Recap of final week of season

May 22, 2017

Morgan+Holmes%2C+senior%2C+waits+for+pitch.+

provided by Morgan Holmes

Morgan Holmes, senior, waits for pitch.

The Royals are finishing up their regular season and are getting ready for the sections tournament.

After the Royals found some late-season success, they could not finish the season off strong. After coming off a 4-game win streak, the Royals followed that with a 3- game losing streak.

The Royals played their hardest three game stretch of the year here. They had to face three Lake Conference opponents in a row. They started out with playing the Wayzata Trojans where they lost 3-2, they then played the Edina Hornets where they lost 2-1.

Though they did get swept by both these teams, they were able to keep both games close unlike the past games. They ended up going 0-3 against the Trojans and 0-2 against the Hornets.

The final game in this losing streak came against the Minnetonka Skippers, a team they previously shutout. The Skippers got back on their game and were able to blow out the Royals with a score of 11-2.

At this point, the Royals dropped back under .500 on the season. A mark they haven’t been at since the beginning of May

The next game the Royals were supposed to play was against the Andover Huskies. This game got rained out and will not be played this year.

The Royals next game was played against the Eden Prairie Eagles. This was the second meeting of the year between these two teams. In the first meeting, the Eagles won 4-2 but in this game the Royals came out on top 4-3.

With this win, it moved the Royals back to .500 and they have one game left to move above that mark.

The final regular season game for the Royals was supposed to be played on Saturday, May 20, but again due to mother nature, the game got rained out.

Luckily for the Royals this game was able to get rescheduled. This game will now be played today, May 22 at home. The bad part about this is that it only gives the Royals one day to prepare for the sections tournament.