Player Profile: Cole Kristal

May 19, 2017

Cole+Kristal%2C+sophomore%2C+cradles+lacrosse+ball+down+field.+

provided by Cole Kristal

Cole Kristal, sophomore, cradles lacrosse ball down field.

With his first season as a member of the Royals lacrosse team coming to an end, Cole Kristal, sophomore, is more and more excited about his lacrosse career getting started.

“I started playing lacrosse this winter. I started to go to captain’s practices with friends and I started to really like this sport,” Kristal said. “I started having classes with Matt Gerstner and he was the first person who convinced me to play.”

Kristal in his first year is already making an impact.

“Probably the highlight of my season was being apart of the JV win [Kristal had four assists]. Also, I will never forget my first time suiting up for varsity,” Kristal said. “I definitely had some butterflies. That was my first time playing on any varsity team.”

Kristal has been on the grind since day one. His hard work payed off this season.

“When coach first approached me about playing varsity I was in shock,” Kristal said. “It was good to know that coach has been watching me work hard. I feel like I’m getting better everyday, not just as a player, but as a teammate as well.”

Kristal has been playing defensive-midfielder this season.

“Coach has had me playing defensive-mid and there’s a lot of running,” Kristal said. “I like it though because my endurance is getting a lot better. I love being physical and hitting kids.”

Kristal has seen how resilient the boys lacrosse team has been through a tough season.

“Even when we lose these games by a good amount, the team always comes back grinding. Nobody is getting down on themselves,” Kristal said. “Come gameday, everyone has one mindset and that is to win.”