Vikings preview: Week 1

Noah Fogel, Sports Reporter

The Minnesota Vikings week one matchup is against the new and improved Tennessee Titans.

Over the offseason the Titans have acquired two extremely talented running backs who will ease the burden on offense for their sophomore quarterback Marcus Mariota.

But the Vikings have made some smart offseason moves as well. Picking up Alex Boone, an offensive lineman who is referred to as the Rhino. As well as, two talented secondary players from Clemson, Mackenzie Alexander, cornerback, and Jayron Kearse, safety. These two will add to their already stacked defense.

The Vikings main focus this week will be on their quarterback situation, after the Bridgewater injury. There are two options for the Vikings at quarterback this week, Sam Bradford, who the Vikings recently acquired in exchange for a first and fourth round pick, and Shaun Hill, Bridgewater’s original backup.

“As time goes by I like the acquisition of Bradford more and more,” said Sam Resnick, senior.

This season is not dead. The Vikes are still the defending Champions of the North, but it won’t come easy. The Vikings have a very tough schedule this season with Green Bay visiting the new US Bank Stadium in week two and arguably the most intimidating team in the NFL the Carolina Panthers in week three.

Vikings fan hope to stay confident, and return to the playoffs, and hopefully relieve the sadness and disappointment of the Blair Walsh field goal bust that happened last year in NFC Playoffs Wild-Card round. The veterans need to take the lead and raise the young players to a higher standard of play and we can grow this season and be a Super Bowl contender in the near future.