Senior Spotlight: Nikki Bank

May 29, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Spotlight: Nikki Bank

Nicole Bank, senior is planning on going to the University of Minnesota this fall to continue her education. She plans to study biology in hopes of going pre-med.

At first Bank wanted to study anesthesiology but changed her mind and now wants to go into dermatology. Bank has found her passion through an internship at the University of Minnesota health building.

“I have been interning since the beginning of the year and it has been such an eye opening experience that has shown me a lot about the medical field,” said Bank.

Bank has worked with Dr. Jacob Hutchins an anesthesiologist, shadowing him while he does different types of surgeries.

“I have been able to see a range of surgeries from breast reductions to endoscopies,” said Bank.

Bank has a very unique diet, she has been strictly vegan for three years and is going to try her hardest to continue that lifestyle into college.

“I have been vegan for so long that at this point I can’t see myself not, but I am nervous for what I can eat in college,” said Bank

In college Bank is hoping to bring one of her cats, Pierre, Skye, or Beanies, along with her. If Bank can’t bring her cats she wants to adopt one from a local non-kill shelter. If her dorms does not allow animals, her Sophomore year when she gets an apartment she will get her cat then.

“I am very hopeful I can bring a cat to college and am gonna contact the university soon to figure it out,” said Bank.

Bank is apprehensive about leaving home, but she hopes to find some life-long friends at the U and make memories she’ll never forget. She does not plan on being involved in sorority rush but plans on making her friends other ways, involving herself in different types of clubs and school-run committees.