Senior Spotlight: Sarah and Cole Knoploh

May 29, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sarah and Cole Knoploh, seniors, have attended the Hopkins School District since kindergarten.

“I’m excited for graduation but kinda sad to leave the school,” Sarah said. “I’m gonna dance in my cap and gown and get photos with my family.”

The Knoplohs will be attending the Transitions Plus Program next year. Transitions+ is a combined program, among Hopkins, St. Louis Park, and Minnetonka School Districts, that works with young adults with disabilities, ages 18 to 21. Both will be graduating with Honor Graduates.

“I’m excited because I will be with my brother,” Sarah said.

But, Cole wishes he could stay at HHS for another year.

“I’m gonna miss my friends and my teachers. I had fun hanging out with my friends and learning stuff and doing what we are doing,” Cole said.

During the school year, they played on the adapted bowling team and still continue to play basketball.

“We are done bowling. Friday was our last day. I went to state. I’m bummed out to be done. It was a great team,” Cole said. “We play basketball every weekend. It’s a special olympics. We are called the Eagles and it’s really fun.”

This summer, the Knoploh twins will continue horseback riding at Freedom Farm. Although it’s a long drive away, they love the horses.

“We don’t have a horse, but I wish we did. I like horses,” Knoploh said.

On top of horseback riding, Sarah will continue playing with her favorite fairies and watching movies.

“I like all of the fairies. My favorite is Amber the orange fairy. Watching faires was my favorite part of the year,” Sarah said.