Senior Spotlight: Sydney Urban

May 29, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Spotlight: Sydney Urban

Sydney Urban, senior, had a decision to make freshman year. A decision based on changed. Urban was tasked with the decision to leave her previous school of St. Louis Park or attend Hopkins High School. With this one decision it would change her high school career.

Urban ultimately decided to leave her previous school and come to Hopkins. This was a huge deal for her as she was not typically the kind of kid to branch out.

“I was new and I only had one friend. Shoutout Maddie Suk! I was really really quiet throughout the year until I blossomed later in the year. Will Stein took me to semi and he introduced me to all of my friends,” Urban stated.

At the end of the year she found her place and never looked back. She found a group were she could finally be herself.

One of the main reasons Urban left her school was the lack in places she could express her interests in. As an aspiring dancer and no dance team to dance in, it was really hard for her to be happy.

“I left St. Louis Park for mainly one reason. I really didn’t feel like I had a place where I belonged. They didn’t have a dance team and I was so passionate about that. Everyone had their sports and I didn’t” Urban said.

Dancing on the varsity team for all four years, Urban definitely found her place. She will be attending the University of Nebraska-Lincoln next school year to continue her education. Go big red!