Senior Spotlight: Everett Hopp

May 29, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Spotlight: Everett Hopp

Everett Hopp, senior, is just another graduating senior from Hopkins High School. Except, he’s not. Every student has their own plans and stories about their experience at HHS. It’s what makes people unique. This is Hopp’s story.

Everett started at Eisenhower Elementary, then attended West Junior High, and eventually Hopkins High School. Everett was not involved in many clubs at school, but he was apart of the Lindbergh Loonies and really enjoyed his time with it.

“I had an amazing experience at Hopkins High School. From the sports games to prom it was all a blast. One of my favorite experiences of high school was being apart of the Lindbergh Loonies. It was a ton of fun helping to organize them and help lead the chants at the basketball games. Another great experience for me was the dances. Hopkins High School did a great job with prom. The Lafayette country club was a fantastic place for prom and it gave me and my friends a really great experience. The teachers at HHS really helped me prepare for the next level of education through Advanced Placement and College In the Schools courses. Next year I’m excited to attend the University of Oregon to study sports business,” Hopp said.

Everett was not covered that much this year in the Royal Media, so I wanted to give him an opportunity to share his story with the public. The University of Oregon is a unique school, and is not as popular as other schools that students from HHS attend. Hopp’s story is a special one, just as all seniors in the class of 2019.