Senior Spotlight: Renee Troutman

May 29, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Spotlight: Renee Troutman

HHS choir and Troutman singing at a concert.

Renee Troutman, senior, is an extremely talented singer. She has spent her entire high school career working hard to improve her vocal skills and she continues to excel.

Troutman has dedicated a lot of time throughout her years at HHS to choir. She is a part of both competitive choirs, Bel Canto and Concert Choir.

Troutman comes in early before school several days a week to work with the choir director to improve her singing even further. Along with that, she takes two choir courses throughout the day in order to practice her singing.

“I really enjoy singing because it makes me feel calm and relaxed” said Troutman, “I also really like singing with other people because I love hearing the way our voices blend together.”

Troutman also expressed her passion for singing because “It excites me and there are so many things you can do with your voice” said Troutman, “My favorite part of choir is singing with my friends.”

Next year Troutman is going to attend Gustavus University, where she will continue her singing career as well as further her education. She has been singing since she was very young and hopes to sing throughout the rest of her life.

Troutman is an amazing singer and her talents continue to amaze the HHS community.