The Royal Corner gets a new location

Sep 14, 2018

After a summer full of renovations and construction at HHS, the popular shop located in the mall has seemingly ceased to exist.

The Royal Corner is a student ran store that sells a variety of HHS gear and apparel.

The space, previously used by Royal Corner, will soon be a new meeting room for the front office. The Royal Corner will be moved to the space that currently encompaces the Spirit Shop. The two will combine into one new store.

“The store relocation won’t affect the shop itself. [The Royal Corner] will continue to do custom orders and carry the typical items seen last year,” said Mr. Jesse Theirl, Business Education and ProPEL Advisor. “The plan will be for it to continue as a student ran business.”

The Royal Corner deals more in the individual sport apparel as well as customized apparel.

“The Spirit Shop will still deal with the letter jackets,” Theirl said. “Those can often be very detailed, and running the whole process with the school and the vendors can be complicated.”

Students involved in entrepreneurship classes have the chance to run this shop in order to experience what running a real company might look like.  

“I really love working in the [Royal Corner] because it lets me work with problems and solve issues that I might have to do in the future, if I were to run a business,” said Alek Wormuth, senior.

Students at HHS will be able to find all their apparel needs near the Lindbergh Center when the store opens up later this school year.