Bella Feitl, Vice President candidate

Why did you decide to run for Vice President of HHS Student Council?

Student Council is something that is something that is incredibly important to me, obviously that is why I ran sophomore year. I have always liked to be involved in school event that influence hat is going on around the school. I like to be a voice for students around the school. I want to make sure their experience is good. I just want to provide the ability for everyone to have a great school experience.

What is one specific initiative that you want to bring up and have student council work on next year?

I think just hearing more from the people around the school and what they want for next year. Myself, I have a huge emphasis on unity because I feel like everyone at this school deserves to feel like they belong. Right now Student Council is just a place where we plan events and make the dances happen but I want to be more involved in the issues that affect everydays students at or school. Pairing up with HHS response and addressing issue such as mental health, and sexual harassment which is huge. I have had a lot of friends go to administration and they have not dealt with it the best. I just want to be the best bridge between admin and students that we possibly can be.

How do you feel about the election being open to the entire HHS student body?

I think the election being open to everybody is great. I think that everyone being able to vote is important because we are representatives of the school. The thing that is is missing though is people don’t really know what each student council member has done over the years. That is the only thing that is kind of a downside of it, because I have worked my butt of the past few years and now it does kind of turn into a popularity thing. But overall, he benefits outweigh the negatives. If I am going to be VP, I want to be the candidate that the school wants.

How are you going to work to make student council more transparent in the future?

Of course our meetings are open but I want to emphasis that they ARE open. I also want our meeting to be consistently published on the website and show the students what we are working on. I want to reach out to other student groups for planning events. I want to work with all sorts of groups of students at this school so that everyone is represented.

Why should you be elected VP?

I think what makes me different is that I’m involved in a lot of groups around the school and I reach out to a lot of people, which I think is very important in a candidate. I will try my hardest in making what I believe in and what I want to accomplish happen.