Player Profile: Kira Mosley

Jan 25, 2018

6 foot 1 power forward Kira Mosley, senior, got her basketball start in second grade. Initially playing for the Lake Conference Eden Prairie Eagles for the start of her career, she made the decision to leave and join the Hopkins Royals.

“I thought it would be a better fit for me and me and my parents had talking now about it for a long time,” Mosley said.

Mosley new basketball was her calling at a young age. Developing her skills through travel basketball and playing for spring AAU teams.

“I played a lot of different sports like softball, soccer, and dance but I got into basketball and I began to love it,” Mosley said.

Mosley often stays reserved and focused before games, in order to be prepared for the task of winning basketball games.

“I like to get some rest in before the game, and always watch the JV game. We go over the scouting report and I like to listen to music,” Mosley said.

Some struggles still stuck with Mosley as she came to Hopkins, but she is ready to prove her game and finish this season strong.

“Some struggles of my season have been the injury, that has been hard for me. Getting back to where I was physically before the injury, and then learning a brand new system and set of plays is tough too,” Mosley said.

Through the tough process of transferring to a new school,  and a horrific ACL injury during Mosley’s junior season, she has managed to bounce back and excel with the support of close peoples in her life.

“My dad and mom help motivate me, they didn’t play varsity sports, my trainer Rahmeen Underwood because he had a chance to play in the NBA but didn’t get to because of injury,” Mosley said. “My trainer really helps me with the vision of playing at a high level and not letting an injury hold me back.”

Scoring 6.6 points per contest, and shooting a very efficient 60 percent from the field Mosley has high expectations for Hopkins in the postseason. She looks to be a key player in a deep playoff run for the Royals.