The Royal Page’s NFL Power Rankings: Week 11

Nov 17, 2017

Nearing the final stretch of the NFL season, two Royal Page reporters give their thoughts on who are the best and the worst in the league. These are the Week 11 NFL Power Rankings.

David’s picks

1. Philadelphia Eagles (8-1)

The number one spot goes to the best team in football(should be obvious right?). Their ability to run has quickly changed from a weakness to a strength with Jay Ajayi as the running back.

1.  New England Patriots(7-2)

After a dominating performance in Denver, Bill Belichick is one win away from the 3rd most of all time between coaches. Early season loss of Wide Receiver Julian Edelman is not affecting New England at all.

1.  Minnesota Vikings(7-2)

If you have a team with two quarterbacks that can get wins, you’re doing something right. Case Keenum played three great quarters against Washington and Teddy Bridgewater is itching to get back.

1. Los Angeles Rams(7-2)

We will find out how good the Rams and Vikings really are when they play this week. Also, how come nobody has given this Rams offensive line any credit. They’ve allowed only 13 sacks, which is fifth best in the league.

1. New Orleans Saints(7-2)

Everybody talked about how good Quarterback Drew Brees is. Everybody forgot about the Saints running game. How about 298 rushing yards and 6 rushing touchdowns. Their offense is dangerous.

1. Pittsburgh Steelers(7-2)

Despite the close game against a bad team, the Steelers still got the win and are in prime contention to win the AFC North. Wide Receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster is a star in the making.

1. Kansas City Chiefs(6-3)

If you look at the losses the Chiefs have taken, all of them are acceptable. Their offense is still talented, but it is obvious their defense is missing strong safety Eric Berry. A game against the New York Giants should help.

1. Carolina Panthers(7-3)

This offense is really, really good. Running back Christian McCaffrey is basically unguardable,  Quarterback Cam Newton is making things happen with his feet, and Devin Funchess is an underrated Wide Receiver.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars(6-3)

I have no idea why the Jaguars passed so much against the San Diego Chargers. Quarterback Blake Bortles is not their strength. Leonard Fournette is a young, talented running back who needs to be used more.

1. Seattle Seahawks(6-3)

Losing cornerback Richard Sherman will hurt their team, but quarterback Russell Wilson has been surprisingly great this year. Still in playoff hunt, they’re always dangerous in January.

1. Tennessee Titans(6-3)

If you have this team figured out, let me know. After a victory over the Cincinnati Bengals, the Titans look revitalised under a healthy quarterback, Marcus Mariota.

1. Atlanta Falcons(5-4)

The Falcons finally looked like the NFC powerhouse we saw last year. Defensive end, Adrian Clayborn had six sacks against the Dallas Cowboys. That’s right, six.

1. Detroit Lions(5-4)

Every single week is crazy for the Lions. They were losing to the Browns until the offense came alive and started playing like the team we all know. Wide Receiver Golden Tate is a very underrated player in the league.

1. Dallas Cowboys(5-4)

Just because running back Ezekiel Elliott is suspended, doesn’t mean the Cowboys will lose every game. However, their offensive line collapsed against the Falcons.

1. Buffalo Bills(5-4)

Trading defensive tackle Marcell Dareus was bigger mistake than I thought. The defense couldn’t do anything against the Saints. They’re still in playoff hunt, however.

1. Oakland Raiders(4-5)

The Raiders have a good team, they just need to start playing like it. Quarterback Derek Carr should be fully healed and should be passing a lot more.

1. Washington Redskins(4-5)

If you score 30 points against the daunting defense of Minnesota, you would think you would win the game. The defense really let Quarterback Kirk Cousins down last week.

1. Green Bay Packers(5-4)

I’m going to be honest, the Packers did not deserve to win the game against the Bears. However, young quarterback Brett Hundley looked pretty decent in the 4th quarter.

1. Baltimore Ravens(4-5)

Joe Flacco is not a good quarterback. However, the Ravens have an emerging star in running back Alex Collins. CJ Mosley is a very good linebacker, who is leading this average at best defense.

1. Chicago Bears(3-6)

The running back combo of Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen is dangerously good. The Bears just seem to have the worst luck. Quarterback Mitch Trubisky has shown promise.

1. Indianapolis Colts(3-7)

Without quarterback Andrew Luck, this team hasn’t been awful. They lost a close game against the Steelers which could have been easily won.

1. Arizona Cardinals(4-5)

I have no idea how this team is 4-5. Cornerback Patrick Peterson has been carrying on defense while running back Adrian Peterson has revitalized his career in Arizona.

1. Los Angeles Chargers(3-6)

The Chargers always lose the close games. Quarterback Philip Rivers is such a competitor. He was going all out in that game against the Jaguars. Expect bigger things from the Chargers.

1. New York Jets(4-6)

The Jets finally came back down to earth and played at a level we all know and love. Still though, very surprised about how good this team has played with the lack of talent it has.

1. Miami Dolphins(4-5)

Jay Cutler: superhero. Ok, maybe not a superhero, but you have to wonder where would this team be without him. Lack of linebackers show in the defense.

1. Houston Texans(3-6)

Ok, I understand that Deshaun Watson is out for the season, but that doesn’t mean the world ends for the Texans. Deandre Hopkins and Will Fuller are star receivers who just need to be thrown the ball.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers(3-6)

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a quarterback who does nothing special but keeps you in the game. The Bucs defense played well enough to beat the Jets. Won’t last long though.

1. Denver Broncos(3-6)

Bold prediction: the Broncos will not win a game with Brock Osweiler at quarterback. Also, what happened to the defense this season. They’re still good but not dominating which is what fans expected.

1. Cincinnati Bengals(3-6)

This is a harsh spot for the Bengals, but for a team that has so many talented players, the Bengals should be better. Quarterback Andy Dalton still needs to prove himself.

1. San Francisco 49ers(1-9)

The 49ers won last week…against the Giants. However a win’s a win and you take them when you can get them. Also, I can’t wait for quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo to get is chance.

1. Cleveland Browns(0-9)

The only reason they’re not last is because their offense was actually really good against what is supposed to be a solid Lions team. Quarterback DeShone Kizer showed promise last game.

1. New York Giants(1-8)

Tight end Evan Engram and running back Orleans Darkwa are the only bright spots on this team. What in the world happened to the defense this year? I mean the offense had injuries and they had to change their entire scheme but the defense had no excuses this year.

Charlie’s picks

1.Philadelphia Eagles-(8-1)

The number one spot of the power rankings has to go to the best team in football. The Eagles have steamrolled their last three opponents with a combined score of 108 throughout the three games. Carson Wentz has panned out and now is one of the better QB’s in the league.

2.New England Patriots-(7-2)

Despite their defense being very bad this year, the Patriots have pulled through and have looked like a Super Bowl contender with the help of Quarterback Tom Brady, arguably one of the best players of all time. The Patriots are going to be the toughest team to beat come playoff time and are ending strong.

1. Los Angeles Rams- (7-2)

The Rams are having a bounce-back year this year and are showing their strength. They haven’t played the toughest schedule but they have had a very good past few games, with every part of their team firing on all cylinders.

1. Pittsburgh Steelers-(7-2)

The only reason that the Steelers are this high on the ranking is because they beat the Vikings earlier in the season with the power of Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell. Ben Roethlisberger is having a decent season and they will probably win the division.

1. Minnesota Vikings-(7-2)

The Vikings are off to a great start behind the rookie season of Case Keenum who is having a very good season. Teddy Bridgewater is back and ready to play and their defense is arguably the best in the league.

1. New Orleans Saints-(7-2)

The Saints are having a good season, the problem is that they’re playing a bunch of teams that aren’t very good. Drew Brees is having a decent year,  but nothing to get excited about. I see the team dropping a few rankings in weeks to come.

1. Carolina Panthers-(7-3)

The Carolina Panthers entered this season expecting to be doing very poorly, after their Super Bowl defeat they had a lackluster season and weren’t expecting much. Cam Newton is having a very good season and they will be moving up in rankings.

8.Seattle Seahawks-(6-3)

Russell Wilson is having a great year and Jimmy Graham is playing in very good form. The Seahawks also boast a three and one record at home and are slowly catching up to the Rams at the head of the division.

9.Tennessee Titans-(6-3)

The Titans are on fire with four straight wins and a perfect record at home. Marcus Mariota is having a great season and is basically carrying the team. DeMarco Murray and Rishard Matthews also are highlights in the roster.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars-(6-3)

The only reason the Jags are this low is because the Titans and Seahawks have very deep and star studded rosters. The Jags have a great roster, but they are all stars who developed this year. I don’t see the Jags going too far in the playoff picture.

11.Kansas City Chiefs-(6-3)

The Chiefs started hot, with Kareem Hunt and Alex Smith carrying the team but as of late they have done poorly compared to the other teams. In order to rise in the rankings they will have to turn back to early season form.

1. Atlanta Falcons-(5-4)

With players such as Matt Ryan and Julio Jones, it is very surprising that they are only five and four, they are playing a pretty easy schedule throughout the rest of the year so I foresee them rising in the rankings.

1. Buffalo Bills-(5-4)

Tyrod Taylor and Lesean McCoy are having fantastic seasons for the Bills. They are second in their division and probably won’t win but they win be close to playoff contention.

14.Detroit Lions-(5-4)

There isn’t many things to point out about this team, they are pretty average or below average in every category. If I could point out one bright spot it’s Matthew Stafford, he has had a decent season and is looking to end well.

15.Dallas Cowboys-(5-4)

With the loss of Ezekiel Elliott the Cowboys season isn’t looking to good, now their running game will surely be falling apart. The last loss to a decent Falcons team shows how the defence was really falling apart.

16.Oakland Raiders-(4-5)

The Raiders aren’t doing too well, but it is looking up for them. Their Quarterback Derek Carr is back and is starting to heat back, the defence isn’t doing well but it will be better in the upcoming weeks.

17.Green Bay Packers-(5-4)

The Packers were held together by Quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who was having a really great year until he was injured in the game against the Vikings. They will be dropping in the following weeks.

18.Washington Redskins-(4-5)

The Redskins are doing better than they expected, they came in off of a decent season and haven’t looked good in their past through matchups. The one bright spot has been their Quarterback Kirk Cousins.

19.Baltimore Ravens-(4-5)

WIth the loss of their Quarterback Joe Flacco, the season is falling apart quickly for the Ravens, they went from hopeful to make the playoffs to tanking in the span of 10 weeks.

20.Arizona Cardinals-(4-5)

The Cardinals only have one bright spot on the roster, that is their Wide Receiver Larry Fitzgerald, who got 113 receiving yards last week.

1. Miami Dolphins-(4-5)

The Dolphins are having a lackluster season and are deserving of second to last in their division. Their Wide Receiver Jarvis Landry is the core of their team and I suggest that they hold onto him as long as they can.

1. Cincinnati Bengals-(3-6)

The Cincinnati Bengals looked really solid coming into this season and are severely underperforming their potential. AJ Green, their Wide Receiver has played really well and doesn’t deserve the team.

1. Los Angeles Chargers-(3-6)

The Chargers are having a really good season, if you forget their six losses which were against awful teams. To be completely honest they should be lower on the list but they at least have Quarterback Philip Rivers and Wide Receiver Keenan Allen.

1. Denver Broncos – (3-6)

After the loss of Quarterback Peyton Manning, who was the best QB they have ever had. They have slowly gone down in quality, lately they cannot find a single thing to look at as a positive.

1. New York Jets – (4-6)

The Jets are having a decent season compared to last year, where they went 5-11. Their team has a few bright spots with Bilal Powell being number one.

1. Houston Texans – (3-6)

In their last five games, the Texans are an awful 1-4 against teams that, if they had a full defensive roster, they would win easily.

1. Chicago Bears – (3-6)

Mitchell Trubisky is one of the better pickups the Bears have made in the past few seasons. Still, he is very bad at being QB and will need a lot of work in the offseason.

1. Indianapolis Colts-(3-7)

With the loss of Quarterback Andrew Luck, the Colts season hopes have gone straight down the drain. As of late, they haven’t been playing well at all and only hope Luck gets back ASAP.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-(3-6)

This team is below average at almost every position and is looking to finish close to the bottom of the NFL, the reason they aren’t the lowest is because of the final three teams.  

1. San Francisco 49ers-(1-9)

The biggest reason that the 49ers are higher ranked than the Giants is because of the fact that they beat them last week. If they hadn’t they would still be second to last in the division.

1. New York Giants – (1-8)

With the loss to the 49ers the Giants have shown how poorly the have fallen apart from last year, in which they went 11-5.

1. Cleveland Browns-(0-9)

There is nothing positive to say about this team, and they will either end 1-15 or 0-16