Jen Westmoreland Bouchard

Oct 12, 2017

Through programs ranging from the Hopkins Community Education Advisory Council to ResourceWest, Jen Westmoreland Bouchard has been involved with Hopkins for 22 years.

Along with her work for Hopkins, she works as a U.S. Department of Education grant-funded project manager at Normandale Community College. Her job is to connect with education organizations and establish partnerships with other association both in the US and abroad. Bouchard also teaches and trains people in intercultural competence.

“…I look forward to using my knowledge of our district, my professional background in international education and intercultural competence, and my advocacy and community building experience to bring our district to a whole new level of excellence,” Bouchard said.

If elected, Bouchard’s goal is to reach educational equality and build intercultural competence within Hopkins.

“Hopkins is the most diverse it has ever been, and this diversity provides immense innovative potential. A district-wide commitment to building intercultural competence at all levels, investment in innovative programming and partnerships, and support for our excellent educational staff and administrators who do the hard work of meeting the needs of our community every day are crucial elements for creating the conditions for success for every Hopkins student.”