Chris LaTondresse

Oct 12, 2017

Chris LaTondresse has deep roots in the Hopkins community, an alumnus of Alice Smith Elementary, Hopkins North Junior High, and HHS. LaTondresse currently lives in Hopkins and his son attends school in the Hopkins school district.

“My whole public leadership journey started in these schools, and running for school board is part of bringing that back around full circle,” LaTondresse said.

His experience as a civic leader spans over both government position and local positions. He worked in the Obama Administration where he was an advisor for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). LaTondresse is currently working as a leader at the Expectation Project. As a leader he advocates for the highest level of education for all people

“Public service is in my DNA. My full-time work is in education advocacy,” LaTondresse said.

LaTondresse believes in the “Hopkins Promise” to great education. He wants to further develop that promises and insure top of the line education for people with all kinds of backgrounds.

“As the district grows more diverse, ensuring that the promise extends to every single student in our district,” LaTondresse said.

He is concerned that with the slight drop of enrollment over the past ten years, Hopkins might not be getting sufficient resources to support its growing community. However, LaTondresse also believes that with Hopkins’ increasing diversity, Hopkins can be a leader in developing new communities that incorporate everyone.