Apple introduces new iPhone X and 8

Sep 15, 2017

With the announcement of the new iPhone on Tuesday, Sep. 12, there is buzz surrounding the introduction of a plethora of new features. Being the tenth anniversary of the device, Apple is applying the same innovation they use for their products to the unveiling of these new devices.

This year, there will be three iPhones released instead of the usual two. Prices range from $699 all the way to $999, which includes the iPhone 8, iPhone 8+, and the iPhone X (also known as the iPhone ten). With new features including wireless charging, a new display, and a new method of unlocking, students at HHS agree that it’s difficult to decide whether or not to upgrade.

“I’m not planning on upgrading right away, however when I do, I plan on getting the higher end iPhone X. Even though I don’t like the screen layout, the camera is going to be a lot better, which is exciting,” said Ethan Nielson, junior.

The new iPhone’s contain an abundance of new features, including the A11 Bionic processing chip. This chip will allow the phones to be faster and more responsive, along with powering the Face Identification feature.

“I’m excited for the new chip, but I’m still not sure if I’ll upgrade to the newer phones,” said Gabe Kemper, junior.