Vikings look to take down Peterson and the Saints

Sep 7, 2017

Vikings+warm+up+for+game+against+Cardinals.+The+Vikings+won+30-24.+

Andy Weisman

Vikings warm up for game against Cardinals. The Vikings won 30-24.

It feels like it has been forever… but that will all come to an end tonight.

As the NFL season kicks off, the defending super bowl champs, the New England Patriots, will face the Kansas City Chiefs.

There has been a few major changes in both teams, the Patriots added Brandin Cooks and lost Julian Edelman for the year, while the Chiefs released both of their past stars Jamaal Charles and Jeremy Maclin.

Looking forward, the Minnesota Vikings will be hosting the New Orleans Saints on Monday night.

Not only is this an important game for the Vikings because it is Monday night, but it is also the first return of Adrian Peterson, ex-Minnesota Viking who joined the Saints this offseason.

As for the Vikings, there has been many changes this offseason. The Vikings lost Peterson, Brandon Fusco, Chad Greenway, Matt Kalil and Alex Boone. However, the Vikings did add some talent back in Riley Reiff, Mike Remmers, Latavius Murray, Dalvin Cook and Michael Floyd.

Additionally, for the Saints they finished with a record of 7-9 in the 2016-17 season. This year, the Saints will look to Peterson and Mark Ingram in the backfield to help their running game and Michael Thomas and Willie Snead, who is also suspended for first three games, in the receiving game. The Saints had one key loss, Cooks who joined the Patriots.

The Vikings are 20-11 against the Saints including preseason matchups, and will look to continue to improve their record against the Saints with a win on Monday night at the U.S. Bank Stadium.