Player Profile: Kylie Hanley

May 17, 2017

Kylie Hanley, junior, waits to get ball from teammate.

provided by Kylie Hanley

Kylie Hanley, junior, is a multi-faceted athlete, while in the winter she focuses on going above and beyond in hockey, when spring comes around her attention turns to lacrosse.

“I love the program and the group of girls, everyone is really supportive and normally there’s no drama,” Hanley said of the Royals girls lacrosse team.

Hanley is a key piece in the Royals team dynamic. Hanley plays midfield for the Royals, who currently have a record of 4-7, and so far this season she has scored 13 goals and had 1 assist.

What is very impressive about Hanley is that she is already committed to play division one hockey after high school for the University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs. In fact, Hanley admitted that hockey was one of the reasons she decided to play lacrosse, and that lacrosse helps her continue to improve for hockey.

“I started playing lacrosse when I was in 8th grade, I started out on the 7th and 8th grade team and I just thought it would be a good crossover sport for hockey, and my older brother played it as well,” Hanley said. “Lacrosse provides good hand-eye coordination for hockey.”

Hanley’s favorite lacrosse memory is from this season, when the Royals gained their first conference win in two years, defeating the Wayzata Trojans in overtime, and her pregame meals usually consist of peanut butter and jelly bagels, oranges, and goldfish.

Overall, Hanley and the rest of the Royals look to finish the season on a high note, and prepare for an even better season next year.

“We plan to finish the season strong going into sections, and hopefully go far,” Hanley said. “Next year, [I hope] to fill in the leadership roles and step up as leader myself, as well as continue to bring more numbers to the program, and make it grow.”