Player Profile: Jackson James

Apr 28, 2017

Jackson+James%2C+sophomore%2C+cradles+the+ball+up+the+field.+James+has+played+on+Varsity+since+his+Freshman+year.+

provided by Jackson James

Jackson James, sophomore, cradles the ball up the field. James has played on Varsity since his Freshman year.

As a freshman, Jackson James, now sophomore competed with juniors and seniors at the varsity level.

James has been playing lacrosse for a while now.

“I’ve been playing for about five years now. Over these years, I’ve really developed my stick skills and my footwork as a mid,” James said. “My friends convinced me to play lacrosse and I’m glad I did.”

James has been playing midfield his whole career. His athleticism helps him stay in position.

“I love playing midfielder because there is a lot of running,” James said. “It’s also good because I get to play a mix of offense and defense.”

Kamal Baker, HHS alumnus, played a big role in James’s career. As a freshman, James looked up to Baker. At the time, Baker was the teams’ top midfielder.

“When I played varsity last year, Kamal [Baker] was a huge influence on me. He taught me a lot of what I know today as a mid,” James said.

James has been preparing this offseason playing for a club team. He travelled the country where the competition was fierce.

“This offseason, I played for Team Minnesota. Basically, we play other states and travel around the country,” James said. “This was really good for me because I saw really good competition. We played teams like Florida and Michigan.”

James has one goal in mind heading into this season.

“I’d say a goal for me and my teammates would be to make it to the state tourney,” James said.