Movie Monday: Get Out

Movie Monday: Get Out

Get Out, a movie which takes place at a house up north away from civilization was a great film and a must see.

Get Out is a film centered around an African-American, Chris (Daniel Kaluuya), and his girlfriend Rose (Allison Wilson), and was directed by Jordan Peele. It is classified as a horror, comedy, mystery and suspense movie but has some sci-fi in it.

An amazing thing about this movie is that it received a 99 percent review on rotten tomatoes.

This is one of the best movies I have seen in awhile. The movie kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the whole movie. After the movie, my friends and I talked about some things we noticed about how they depicted racism.

It is very interesting, and you never really knew what was gonna happen next. I also was able to catch some ways the movie touched on themes of racism without being explicit. It also uses many stereotypes that the world has against African Americans.

For example, at the end of the movie it showed Rose eating Froot Loops with milk in a separate cup. To most, this doesn’t catch their attention, but I saw it as separating whites and colors.

This movie is about Chris and Rose going up to see Rose’s family. Right when they get there, Chris already feels like something is weird with how the parents are acting.

It felt to me as if the parents were trying too hard to be too familiar with Chris right away.

The main thing about this movie is what the family really does. They hypnotize Rose’s boyfriend and auction his body off for their friends who want Chris’ features.

The family hosts an event that seems like it is nothing special, but the event isn’t as it seems. The event is to allow the guests to inspect the boyfriend and see if they want to be the new host for the body.

This is where the stereotypes come into effect. The film shows all the parents’ friends fantasizing over how Chris has “better features.”

There were many times where the whole theater was on edge and you could hear the gasps after something happened. The movie takes a big turn when Chris finds out that Rose had been in on this plan all along.

At this point in the movie I didn’t think that Chris was gonna be able to get out of this situation, which made this movie so much better.

The end of the movie had a big turn of events after a slow but interesting start. It ended with a somewhat happy ending but not what you expected to happen.

I highly recommend this movie to everyone, even if you aren’t a movie person. I would give this a 9/10 but it has been the best movie in 2017 so far.