Relay for Life hosted by National Honor Society

Abby Doeden, Backpage Editor

On Saturday, May 14, students, families, and members from all around the Hopkins community will be participating in a three hour long relay.

HHS’ National Honor Society (NHS) is hosting a Relay for Life from 8 to 11 a.m. at the Lindbergh track. Each participant is in a relay, and at least one person from each team has to be walking throughout the duration of the event.

Members of NHS have been working on putting this event together for the past few months. They have spent time preparing by collaborating with the American Cancer Society, making blankets that will be raffled off, and advertising.

“I wanted to do Relay for Life because cancer affects so many people,” said Abigail Rhodes, senior and NHS member. “The more people that come to the event, the more money we can raise to help find a cure.”

The Relay for Life is a fundraiser that raises money for the American Cancer Society. Admission is free for the event but it is encouraged to give any amount of donation.

The American Cancer Society hosts these events to, “make progress toward a world without cancer, only with your dedication and fundraising efforts can we finish the fight against the disease.

Friends, family, and anyone who is interested is invited to participate in the Relay For Life. For more information, visit the Facebook event titled, “Relay for Life by HHS National Honors Society.”