NHS begins preparation for second annual Talent Show

Sebastien Karo, Staff Reporter

On April 15, National Honor Society (NHS) will be be putting on an event that brings the community together and celebrate individuals: the second annual NHS Talent Show.

Auditions will take place March 14 and 15. Any student at HHS is encouraged to audition, no matter what kind of talent they have.

The talent show showcases students of HHS who wish to display their unique talents for all to see. Ruby Krietzman, senior president of NHS, hopes that this event can benefit everyone involved.

Last year, the talent show served as a fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America (MAWFA). The show raised $700 to help young children with terminal illnesses. On account of the success from last year’s show, NHS decided to fundraise for MAWFA for this year’s show.

Krietzman hopes people know the benefits that will ensue from their involvement, whether it’s as a performer or as a member of the audience.

“I want people to understand that if a community comes together they can help change lives,” Krietzman said.

NHS has been dedicated to both highlighting leadership and change in the HHS community. According to their mission statement on the NHS website, “More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to recognize those students who have demonstrated leadership, service, and character.”

“The purpose of the talent show is to provide a platform for students with talents that they want to share with their peers,” said Ms. Jennifer Heimlich, NHS adviser.

The talent show is both promoted and run by the members of NHS. Since the beginning of March, students have been creating posters, handing out flyers, and making announcements at school.

“Putting on the talent show has been a lot of work so far. I am so impressed by how hard everyone has been working and how much people want to get involved with this event,” Krietzman said.

Julia Birnberg, senior secretary officer of NHS,  believes the talent show will be a great opportunity to bring people together for a good cause.

“I’m really excited for the talent show since it’s a way to get the whole school involved in raising money for a deserving cause, while engaging in a fun activity,” Birnberg said.

The tickets will be sold for 4 dollars for students and 6 dollars for adults and will be sold Thursday, April 14 and Friday, April 15.