Blue Water Theatre Company to put on Les Misérables

Dylan Judge-Steuck, Staff Reporter

The stage is set, and revolution sweeps through the air. A man set on redemption. A tale of love, war, and adventure all told with musical flare.

Blue Water Theatre Company, a public, non-profit student theatre group, is performing Les Misérables on Feb. 18, 19, and 20 at Eisenhower Community Center. You can order tickets online now, $11 for students, $16 for adults.

“I am playing Enjolras, leader of the Revolution,” said Trevor Wagner, senior. Wagner is a student at HHS who is also a frequent Blue Water actor.

Les Mis takes place in 19th century France. It is about a man who is let out of prison into a chaotic France where a group of revolutionaries are about to begin the June rebellion. The main character Jean Valjean makes his way through a unique cast and is swept up in the chaos.

“I have been doing Blue Water for four or five years, and I’m really excited for this production. I usually play comedic roles, and this role is more serious with some intense singing parts so this is a nice change,” Wagner said.

Les Misérables has earned over 100 international awards and has been seen by millions of people. It is one of the most successful and long lasting plays in the theatre community. It continues to be a popular tale.