Young dive team finishes season

provided by Julia Fromstein

The four sections divers pose after the meet.

Ellie Fromstein, Staff Reporter

On Nov. 13, the girls diving team took on their section meet at the Edina Community Center pool.

The Royals had four girls diving, twice as many as in the 2014 season, and one was able to qualify for a placement in the section. The four divers – Rachel Shamblott, seventh grade, Kaija Pratt, eighth grade, Julia Fromstein, freshman, and Abby Feitl, sophomore – each failed one or more dives.

“No one was on their A-game,” Fromstein. “I don’t think that even the girl who got first place had her best meet, and she won by over 200 points [over second place].”

Fromstein lead the Royals in points with a score of 237 and an eighth place medal.

“I thought it was just a bad luck day in general. I think Friday the thirteenth had something to do with it,” Fromstein said. “I guess I’m superstitious; I don’t like when people are there, and I feel like they’re judging me if I don’t do as well as I should.”  

The Royals started the season with Fromstein as the only returning varsity diver, but Fromstein reflects positively on the effort her team put in during the three and a half month season.

“I feel like we did really well this season, considering five of the six of us had barely or no experience at all, and four of us still managed to go to varsity sections. I’m excited to see what we can do next year,” Fromstein said.