Remembering, honoring life of Roozie Assadi, former HHS student

Ellie Fromstein, Staff Reporter

On Oct. 20, Roozie Assadi, class of 2012 graduate, passed away after battling his fourth bout of cancer.

Though Assadi fought against cancer for a majority of his life, he found a way to bring light to hundreds of people’s lives. After his passing, hundreds of messages were posted on his social media pages about how he influenced them positively.

Most of the messages read “I love you” and “I’ll miss you,” but each paragraph had a story behind it.

“Roozie is probably the most special person I’ve ever had in my life. Every single time we were together, we were always laughing and joking,” said Mia Bronstein, class of 2012 graduate and longtime friend of Assadi. “He made everyone comfortable and at ease, and because of that, people were instantly drawn to him. I could always go to him when I was feeling down.”

Assadi was not only a good friend but a good student. His optimism touched fellow students and teachers alike, including Mrs. April Felt, Mathematics.

“He was so positive and so happy all of the time he was in class; he was always smiling, laughing, and making jokes.  All the while, he was doing extremely well in the class,” Felt said. “He was so bright and he always stayed up on his school work, which is not an easy feat when battling cancer. He was a true light in the world.”

There will be a memorial for Assadi Nov. 8 at the HHS auditorium to celebrate his life.