Following sections, team looks forward to state tournament

May 25, 2017

The Royals will participate in the Synchronized Swimming State Tournament at the University of Minnesota Aquatic Center on Thursday-Friday, May 23-24. The top four routines from each division advanced to the state tournament.

The Royals have one routine from each division going, in addition to an extended trio, a short duet, a long trio, a short solo, and extended solo competiting.

Short routines are two and a half to three minutes long. Long routines are three to three and a half minutes long while extended is four minutes or more. The more experienced swimmers and the best members of the team are put on the longer routines.  

“Our team is very ready to compete, especially after we have practiced very hard and have worked hard to perfect our routines,” said Kristen Ho, junior.

On Thursday, the figures, solos, and duets will compete. On Friday, the trios and team routines will compete.

The Royals have been preparing for the state tournament this entire season. Practices have been spent perfecting these routines, which they have been choreographing or performing for nearly three months.  

“We are all very excited to see our competitors and be able to compete against them. We are excited for awards to see our hard work pay off throughout the season,” Ho said.